How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, I married my husband a Britsh Serviceman in Guinea Conakry

This answer was rated:

Hello, I married my husband a Britsh Serviceman in Guinea Conakry West Africa in 2009. I came to England in 2009 and in 2012 I received indefinite leave to remain. As a result of Domestic violence I had to leave him in 2013 but as far as I know we are still legally married.
My Passport from Guinea is due to expire in April. Will this effect my Indifinite Leave to remain?

Can I get apply for an English passport, how do I go about that?

I am trying to rebuild my life but to start I need to feel safe.

Thank you In advance for your help.

Your indefinite leave to remain will not be affected if you had to leave your partner.

You may apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen straight away as you have lived in the UK for more than 3 years and are married to a British citizen.

You should apply sooner rather than later

Can I help,further?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How much, would you charge to process the naturalisation documentation for me. I do not have lots of money but I have to do this somehow.
I am afraid we are not allowed to take on customers from this site but in your case, it should be a straightforward application which you can do yourself.

You can contact your local authority to see if they provide a checking service for nationality applications as they would ensure that your application is valid and all the supporting documents are included with the application.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you