How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

have lived in the uk for some 15 years and marred with three

This answer was rated:

have lived in the uk for some 15 years and marred with three children oldest 14 ,11 09.I am divorced, My husband was a UK PASPORT HOLDER and my pasport was Nigerian,
My Question is can i apply for an English pasport with out going for the UK TEST,

What visa are you currently having in the UK?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a resident visa for permanent stay in the uk, issued year 2000, and lived here from 1994.

Thank you.

You need to pass the life in the UK test unless you are older than 65 years I am afraid. You also need to show that you have sufficient English Language skills

See here

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you