How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If there is a dispute in an association committee meeting where

Customer Question

If there is a dispute in an association committee meeting where the wife of one of the members has had a complaint made against her because of her conduct at an "Association" event. Can the Chairman ask this member to leave the room whilst the dispute that involves her is discussed ??? Thankyou. Tony Isaacs.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Yes, this sounds like a reasonable request but the person should be asked if he minds stepping out of the room rather than being ordered to leave the room to avoid any confrontation.

The other option is for the committee to discuss the complaint at another meeting where the member is not present.

The Association's charter/by laws should also be checked to see what they say about holding committee meetings.

Hope this helps