How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a court case on 26th March, regarding My Daughter, she

Customer Question

I have a court case on 26th March, regarding My Daughter,
she is presently living with Maternal Grandparents under a residency order due to
Mothers post natal, now they are applying for Guardianship,
I will be representing myself as i cannot obtain leagal aid,
could you give me any advice ?
By the way i live 85 miles apart from Grandparents, and live in Childs place of Birth
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. M
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact do you have with the child, how old is she, and what is it that you wish to know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The contact is verually none existance, since the natural Mother, was told to move from the Grandparents Home,in October 2012,. 3 times in the last 17 months, and only for a couple of Hours,. Before October 2012 i would see her every 2 weeks for at least 4 Hours,


She is 3 years 4 months on 15th March,


I need to try and avoid the Guardianship going through,. and securing regular contact, with a view that she and i will live together in the future, as the Natural Mother is unfit to do so, and really does not want her full time,

The grandparents, are trying to excule me, and have even written in the Court Case report, that if anything happens to them before the 18 birthday of my Daughter they have a plan for there son and his wife, or a Neice of the family to take care of my Daughter in the years to Adulthood,


Many Thanks


Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Why have you not applied for further contact before now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have but the Mother said i need the Grandparents authority , the Grandparents say i need Social services, and Social services say i need a Solicitor,

Its all gone paer shaped in the last 17 Months

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Why have you not applied to the court in that time?