How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, i have a friend who had overstayed in Uk for almost a year

Customer Question

Hi, i have a friend who had overstayed in Uk for almost a year now. She said she went to a solicitor and asked if she can get any help regarding her visa. The solicitor told he could help her under human rights law. But what is not clear to my friend is if the solicitor could help her what kind of visa could she get under human rights law. And if ever she could get a visa she would like to know if she can go home for a vacation and come back to uk. She was not able to ask these things to the solicitor as she said she only thought about these questions after she spoke with the solicitor. I hope somebody could answer these question. Would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Yes, it is possible to apply for discretionary leave to remain on the basis of your friend's human rights e.g. if her centre of life is in the UK, she has family here, friends etc.

This is done by making an application using for FLR(O).

See here for further details:

Hope this helps