How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

We may be pursued through the courts for refusing to pay a

This answer was rated:

We may be pursued through the courts for refusing to pay a fixed penalty parking fine. I can supply further details if required. The fixed fine currently stands at £100 rising to max £175 before court proceedings. Can the company involved take us through a normal court using a solicitor or due to the amount involved should this case go through the small claims court?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Who is the company?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Parkingeye Ltd.


They can use a solicitor but its a small claims court sum so they would only get fixed solicitors costs of £50 plus about £35 in issuing fees plus the sum of the fine.

They used not to sue anybody but they are becoming more aggressive now. There is still a good chance that they would not however. Its not really cost effective for them to do so.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX my question

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile