How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71136
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had 1 table and 4 chairs delivered 2 months ago.2 of the

This answer was rated:

I had 1 table and 4 chairs delivered 2 months ago.2 of the chairs were damaged ( leather) on delivery. I informed the suppliers and they insisted that they asked an expert to visit my home to assess whether or. It a repair could be carried out. I allowed the expert to visit and he said that as the damage was in a hard wearing area any repair would not last. I have informed the supplier of the above and demanded ( as I have from the beginning) a replacement of the two chairs. They are now not replying to my e.mails and letters, indeed i cannot get beyond the customer services woman. Where do I go from here?


Susan j panton

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What is it that you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want the firm to replace the faulty chairs with new ones
When did you receive this answer from their expert please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Last friday, the 7th march
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Friday the 7the march
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

From what you say, it sounds as though they are saying that a repair would be unsuitable.

If that is the case then they must offer something else.

Realistically, they are going to have to offer a replacement or refund as there are no suitable alternatives.

However, they are entitled to a reasonable period to respond and, in fairness, this was only discovered on Friday.

Probably they have not even seen the report yet.

If they do refuse your request then you can always sue them at the Small Claims Court for the sum involved very cheaply and easily. You can do so here

Its not likely to come to that.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX on for a while, how long do I give them?
I would give them 14 days. Thats long enough for a response.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile