How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am separated with two children. My son is still in Greece

This answer was rated:

I am separated with two children. My son is still in Greece and his passport is with the father who will not allow him to come back here even for a visit. He was born in Greece and is 9 years old. My daughter, who has severe learning disabilities and has been diagnosed with autism needs to be here in the uk for the appropriate treatment, treatment that they don't provide to the same standard in Greece. The father allowed me to take her back for this reason, though really it's because he knew he wouldn't cope. His mother takes care of my son mainly, cooks for him, cleans and does his homework and she has some ongoing health issues so I don't feel she is strong enough. I've been told that I have to go with the Greek law that isn't always fair to mothers. Is there anyway the uk law can intervene now that I've been back a year and my daughter has needs here and also needs to have her brother close. Please let me know my rights. Thank you
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but sadly I have bad news.
The position in this is very c ear - the child is resident in Greece and it is Greek law which will decide whether or not the child can come and live in the UK - and what contact you should have
I am sorry - I know that this is not what you wish to hear but sadly there is no loop hole that can be used
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you