UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

hi back in 2008 i was about to change my mortgage provider

hi back in 2008 i was about to change my mortgage provider but stopped at the last minute my mortage provider then invoked a clause charging me 6,000 pounds for early repayment although it never happened they proceeded to add this charge to my mortgage amount at the time i was ill and did not challenge it can they do this ? and if not am i entitled to the money back ?

Is your mortgage still being repaid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
still waiting

Sorry, I had to step into a meeting.

If you were charged the early repayment fees but the mortgage is still continuing, these fees should be refunded to you.

You should challenge the fees and ask for them to be refunded plus interest as the fees should not have been taken in the first place simply on the basis of you making queries about early repayment.

Hope this helps