How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My dgt is a private in the army. Last year a staff

Customer Question

My dgt is a private in the army. Last year a drunken staff sergeant entered her room and got into her bed(not that drunk he couldn't walk up 2 sets of steps and know which was her room). Uninvited. The mps were Made aware and investigated. But nothing seems to of been done. It seems the regiment would like to sweep it under the carpet. Could my dgt go to a civilian solicitor to take action. Surely the army of a duty of care so should of kept her informed of what would and will be happening. Today she has seen the guy back on camp. When she has asked for support from those she works for the answer is for her to go to med centre. She isn't ill. She needs to know something is going to be done
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law