How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

My wife and I, have submitted an application applying for joint

This answer was rated:

My wife and I, have submitted an application applying for joint legal guardianship of our adult disabled daughter. However, because our case has now been handled by our solicitor for 12 months now, I emailed our solicitor - on a number of occasions over the months - asking which Court of Protection by location (what town/city) will be dealing with our case, but the solicitor does not reply. On one occasion the solicitor did reply to my email, her reply was limited, it seems my real enquiry was evaded. The only reply we seem to get is 'still waiting to hear from the COP, they are slow.' We have been waiting now for about 4 months. Is there any way we could find out which COP is dealing with our case?

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a lawyer of over 15 years experience I would suggest the following. Write to your solicitor telling him you want to make a formal complaint about his lack of response and failure to provide you with the information you require. All solicitor must have a complaints system and they have a duty to tell you about it at the outset. If you have your original letter of terms and conditions from your solicitor the complaints procedure will be set out there. You should write sayin you want to use thus system. If you do not have the letter then simply wrote to the solicitor asking for details of their complaints procedure and stating why you want to use it. By making this request you are forcing the solicitor to undertake quite a lot of paperwork. This may be enough to get the information you want. If not you can then make a complaint to the the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

LondonlawyerJ :

You could also sack your current solicitors and instruct another firm who might treat you in a more respectful and helpful manner. If you have legal aid then you can transfer this to another firm.

LondonlawyerJ :

I hope this answer is helpful. The complaint can be email or in a written letter.

LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience: Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
HiThere is only One Court Of Protection (although hearings can take place elsewhere than in London) the details are here you can enquire about the progress directly if you wishClare