How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Me and my partner have a 19 month daughter. We live separately.

This answer was rated:

Me and my partner have a 19 month daughter. We live separately. We now going to split up and he says he wants her to live with him in manchester I can arrange visits to have her ive said no she resides with me. He is on birt certificate. Where do I stand as all her docs are in my address
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who has had her day to day care until now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is me.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He stays with us for a few weeks thrn he go back to manchester for a few weeks.

has he threatened to remove the child from your care?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is doing it in a minliptive way saying he will take her and I can make arrangements to see her he lives in manchester. He said he leave but he will take her

It is expected that as parents you are able to agree the long term arrangements for your child using Family mediation (
However if you cannot agree and the Court has to decide the matter then the fact that you have been the main carer of the child until now means that the child will reside with you and your ex will have contact
You can read more here
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you