How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello. My wife and I want to move back to England. We have

This answer was rated:

Hello. My wife and I want to move back to England. We have been married for 6 years. My wife is Australian and my daughter has an English and an Australian passport and has just turned 6.
What would be the best approach to bring them here? My head is spinning from everything we've read and can't seem to find a definite solution.

Your daughter is free to come to the UK without any restriction as she has a British passport.

Your wife needs to apply for a spouse settlement visa assuming that you are a British Citizen.

You need to meet the financial requirement e.g. show that you have an income of at least 18,600 pounds annually

See here:

The application process is set out here:

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there not a way of streamlining the process at all?

I am afraud such applications are quite complex and if you do not feel confident enough to do it yourself, I would suggest that a UK immigration lawyer be appointed to assist with the application.

Please let me know if you have any specific queries.

Thank you
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you