UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

If a club allows your address to be shown on the internet without

If a club allows your address to be shown on the internet without your permission are they contravening the data protection act

Are you a member of the club and why are they showing your address on the internet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I am a member of the club which has published a letter written to me by a third party. They are entitled to show the information in the letter but it also contains my personal address

You should ask them to delete reference to your personal address immediately and if they do not do so, you may lodge a complaint against them with the ICO:

The ICO has the power to force them to stop showing your personal address.

Hope this helps