How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35043
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have ordered a copy of daughters birth certificate but believe

I am not on it... Show More
I am not on it. I was on bail when she was born and not allowed to contact the mother therefore missed the signing of the birth certificate. She had accused me of beating her up when she was pregnant. I did not do it and the court found me not guilty.
Daughter is now 4, 5 in July. Since she was 1 I have had her nearly every weekend and more, usually fri sat and sun night, inset days, holidays and when mum is busy or ill.
I have been harassed insulted and abused continuously. The mother (African) frequently threatens to leave the country with our daughter.
She is now refusing to let me see our child at all.
What can I do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question
replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When did you last see the child?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

weekend before last

Clare, Solicitor replied 4 years ago.
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
In addition the fact that you have shown commitment to and built a relationship with the child means that the court will also be willing to grant you Parental Responsibility for the child.
Once you have this then your ex will not be able to remove the child from the Uk without your agreement or an Order form the Court
You should try and discus smatters with your ex using family mediation (
If this fails then you will have to apply to the Court for Parental Responsibility and a defined contact order
You can find out more about applications here
Please ask if you need further details