How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hello my son has got a criminal record this happened in 2003.

This answer was rated:

Hello my son has got a criminal record this happened in 2003. He is working in China he has been working there for the past 4years. And he has admitted to having a criminal record and there have asked him for documents which he has missed placed. Could I go to the police station and ask them for a copy of his criminal record.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Generally no because this is protected data under the protection act.
Alex Watts : But they may be able to give you a form of Authority that your son can sign.
Alex Watts : Once the police have written consent authorising you then yes they can disclose it.
Alex Watts : But they will need a form of authority and authorisation from your son before they will disclose it.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Thank you Alex for your help I will pass this information on to my son.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you