my nephews son who is eight lives with his mother and her new

my nephews son who is eight lives with his mother and her new partner . how old must he be before he can choose who he wants to live with as he is very unhappy and getting anger issues.
What contact does your nephew have at the moment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

because my nephew works away he has his son from friday to sunday every other weekend

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

still not received a reply do you need more information

My apologies for the delay
What changes would your nephew like to make?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he just wants to know how old his son has to be when he can decide who he wants to live with .

Legally the age is 16 - but between the ages of 12 and 16 the wishes of the Child are likely to be seen as being of greater importance and can be decisive depending on other factors.
s a starting point your nephew should be insisting on having the child for half of all school holidays so that he can establish his ability to care for the child
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details