How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

capital gains tax

This answer was rated:

capital gains tax
Thank you for your question.

Unless you are on the title to your mother's house the issue of capital gains tax won't arise. Only if you are on the title would you have a potential liability on the sale of the property.

If you don't own the property in any way and just contributed to the purchase then there is no problem.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you