How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am an architectural technician and have prepared working

This answer was rated:

I am an architectural technician and have prepared working drawings for a client's extension on their property, for an agreed fee.
I produced drawings in preparation for the planning application.
My client then requested further amendments which were no problem. This often happens to arrive at the final scheme.
The majority of the amendments were quite trivial but the more I carried out the more he requested which were mostly irrelevant to the planning application.
His requests became totally unreasonable to the point where he insulted my professional ability.
Having had over forty years experience in this business with no client problems I was driven to withdraw my services as I could no longer work with this client.
On reviewing the local authority planning website I have noticed that he has recently submitted his planning application. It is obvious that he has used my drawings for this planning application.
He has carried out minor amendments to my PDF files that I had previously sent to him - (font changes and omission of my company logo).
Therefore I have now issued an invoice for my fee as the drawings have been used.
I have had no communication from this client since and I would very much appreciate your advice concerning this matter.


David Ebbutt
A&D Design
Hello David,

The best way to proceed to claim your fees would be to issue a court claim which you may do online at

I would expect him to,pay up very quickly once he receives court papers, if he doesn't pay, you can get judgement against him which would affect his credit rating as well.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you