How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

Just received court hearing on property over arrears to get

This answer was rated:

Just received court hearing on property over arrears to get possession order on my property.
Today I have received a letter from my local council stating that the lender is making me homeless can they notify local council without my approval?

Thanks janina lewis

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

Technically, as court proceedings have been issued, they are now a matter of public record as they're before the court.

tdlawyer :

As such, it would not be a breach of any data protection principle to inform third parties of proceedings presently before the court.

tdlawyer :

They do this so as to try and lessen the chances of the court being told that no alternative housing will be avaliable should the court agree to make the possession order.

tdlawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you