How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im wondering can i take to court

This answer was rated:

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm wondering can i take to court my husband for mental abuse.
Which I have to take everyday for last 8 years not only that but he as well used me for his pleasures. Because I loved him I let him do that but now I'm going to divorce him What lawyer should I seek?

Sorry to hear about this.

You may divorce him on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour but I am afraid I do not see you being successful in a court claim for mental abuse as the law gives you the freedom to be away from him and you chose to be with him.

You may get in touch with the police and lodge a harassment complaint against him. Harassment is a criminal offence.

I would suggest that you get in touch with a divorce lawyer and get the process of divorcing him underway. You need to be away from him so that you can start rebuilding your life.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you