How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello,I got divorce through quicky divorce in 2011, we agreed

Customer Question

Hello,I got divorce through quicky divorce in 2011, we agreed that my husband would keep the flat that we owned together, he is still living there. I have just found out that he has not changed the name on the deeds and the flat is still under my name with £3000 worth of payments in arrears. I gave him the money to pay it off on the condition that he will change the deeds under his name. Now 3 months later I am still chasing him up and to me it looks that he probably cannot get a mortgage by himself and is trying to drag this on as long as he can. What would you advise me to do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the Decree Absolute and dos you have a Financial Order sealed by the court setting out the agreement that you had reached?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare,


Thank you for your response. Decree absolute was issued on 2nd of November 2011. Financial agreement was part of the overall agreement that we had to both sign. There was no separate financial order as far as I am aware.



Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
When you say it was part of the "Overall agreement" - what are you actually referring to (it does not come on the petition)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare,


there was a section where in one section we had agreed that the flat will remain with Gary and another where we have agreed that our car will remain with me, as far as I remember.