How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am waiting for the tax office to inform me whether there

Customer Question

I am waiting for the tax office to inform me whether there are any outstanding tax monies either owed to the tax office or owed to the the family of a deceased person by the tax office, I do not seem to be getting anywhere. Can I complain to the Ombudsman as executor of the will wish to complete my duties.

Rodney Kaye
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
Hello Rodney,

Yes, you may complain to the Adjudicator and then the Parliamentary Ombudsman is HMRC does not resolve your query to your satisfaction, but you need to first go through HMRC's complaints procedure before you are able to take the complaint to the Adjudicator and the Ombudsman.

The complaint process is set out here:

Hope this helps