How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71042
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my husband and I have been together for 22 years and got married

Customer Question

my husband and I have been together for 22 years and got married 2 years ago, we had will drawn up so he the family were protected ,now they say I am a money grabber and have only been in it for the money, last year my husband was diagnosed with having vascular dementia, and gradually his condition has deteriorated, to the extent that I am his full time carer, which don't object to, but I have his family coming in to our home and intimidation me and throwing all sorts of accusations, unfortunatley my husban does not have the capacity to understand
what is actually going. can you please advise me as to what I should be doing to resove this horrible situation.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what are my legal rights and are his family allowed to intimidate me

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what are my legal rights

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
thank you.

You can actually tell the family not to come round any more which you are fully entitled to do. If they persist on harassing you, you can ask the police to warn them under the Protection from Harassment Act and apply to court for an injunction to stop them coming within, say, 100 m of you or the house.

Do not be at all surprised if they refer this whole matter to social services if they allege that you are abusing or taking advantage of a vulnerable adult.

They can of course dispute the will when your husband eventually dies but it is very difficult to dispute will where everything has been left to a spouse and even though you have only been married two years, the fact that you were together for 20 years before that would make their claim virtually impossible

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for you response, yes I'm happy, but feel the service requires a bit more clarity to detail, each time I tried to get your answer, it told me to write my email address, when I did, it stated that this email address was already used.and would not allow me to go further unless I paid more money. each time I attempted to inform you that I could not go further after putting my email address in, it requested another payment.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. you need to email customer services about that [email protected] This is a site issue with which they will help.


No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile