How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Ihave made a complaint against the police and they say that

This answer was rated:

Ihave made a complaint against the police and they say that their is no case to answer following police officers account and statement, they have lied in their reports and i am left with steel plate in my arm.I have until 3rd april to appeal,who can i talk to please,ihave a file of all correspondance

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you just tell me briefly what your complaint is. I guess from the reference to a steel plate that it is an allegation of an assault. Also are you on a modest income, I only ask because legal aid is available to bring actions against the police. Has your complaint been heard by the IPCC and rejected?


very difficult for me on computer,is there a number i could call you on please

LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it has been to the ipcc and then to the relevant constabulary whos officers have falsified the true account of what happened

OK if you can tell me briefly what happened I may be able to give a useful answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there was a very loud arguement between my partner and her sons partner and the police were called,for no valid reason my stepson was arrested.I approached the officer saying he hadnt done anything\he pushed me away, iwas shocked as i had never been involved with police before iwet up to speak again and he pushed me harder, istood and thought this cant be right after a second ortwo ireapproached and he pushed me full force across the road onto the curb and damaging my wrist, comma i am 65 this year and never been in trouble.Tthe 2nd officer followed me into the house and asked if i was ok, isaid what do you think and he said it wasnt me.All this happened in 2012, since then i have had to have a steel plate inserted in my wrist preventing movement for life.I have been visited by independant inquiry officers [very professional] who took names for medical reports and a completely honest account of what occured.The police force obtained injury reports and have referred to damage which happened in 2008,and they conveniently cut off their referral to this mid paragraph abruptly without giving dates and i have paid my surgery for copies showing.They say that i opened police car door and stood my ground,total fabrication inever did this and surely if i had i would have been arrested for obstruction,i have acomplete file of all correspondance ,can you help or advise please

It sounds to me as if you may have a good claim for having been assaulted by the police. You will be entitled to compensation for injuries caused by an unlawful assault by the police. You may also be able to get the officer disciplined.

You should contact a lawyer who is a specialist in claims against the police. A google search for "actions against the police solicitors) will bring up lots of firms. Most firms who do this sort of work will have an initial meeting free of charge. Legla aid may be available and for an injury clai myou may be able to do it under a no win no fee agreement.

If the police broke your arm and are denying responsibility/blaming you then you need expert help.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for your help i will find a co. to talk to,much obliged

Thankyou and all the best with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am based in slough and the professionals i have spoke to say i have to pay for consultation,which i cant afford,they say i would not get legal aid so i have lodged my appeal back to IPCC they have acknowledged receipt but i have heard nothing since,i can only wait now.

OK well I wish you good luck with that. I am surprised that for a broken wrist no one is interested. Maybe you need to try lawyers in a bigger city.