How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

I have been informed by clerical medical that they have an

Customer Question

I have been informed by clerical medical that they have an investment bond with three policy holders names on it in which my name is XXXXX XXXXX them, I did not know it existed.
It states I'm a policy holder. What does this legally mean?
Am I entitled to a third of the value or nothing?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

How did they contact you? What information are they asking for from you?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im going through a divorce and on full disclosure this investment bond came up. I was a trustee for my mother in laws trust fund set up by her son who is a wealth manager.
The three names are myself, my brother in law, and mother in law.
The point that needs to be answered is am I entitled to any monies from this bond as I have to disclose it and my wife is entitled to half of my monies if I'm entitled to any. Does the word investor or policy holder mean I do have a claim or not, I don't want to be in contempt of court for not disclosing all asserts!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When should I expect a reply
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Hi - id this asset was part of the trust fund then you hold it as trustee in terms of the trust. If you are also a beneficiary then you may be entitled to a share but if you are simply holding it on trust then no you are not.

So the answer I am afraid depends upon why and how you hold this bond.