How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Tahiry, our daughter (then aged 16)

Customer Question

Tahiry, our daughter (then aged 16) went to live with her boyfriend's family. We contacted Brent Soc Ser saying we thought she was vulnerable (adopted, repeated a year at school, low-self-esteem, etc but not 'officially' SEN). Brent failed to check this out even though we thought there was abuse by the boy's mother. Eventually Tahiry ran away pregnant; she now has a 16-month old daughter, Aya. She now lives in a YMCA Mother and Baby unit in Ealing and spends her time between there and home. We (the parents, not Tahiry) went through the three stages of complaint and Brent "... have no hesitation in apologising ... for those aspects of your complaint upheld by the [Stage 3] Panel." These included "Tahiry's vulnerability should have been fully considered". Tahiry is now 19 but continues to have learning and behavioural problems. We are in close contact with the YMCA and have asked Ealing SAFE to intevene on Aya's behalf. However, we want to ensure something long term and think we can best do this legally. We are therefore seeking advice about who to contact in the first instance and about the specialist solicitors/lawyers who we should consult. Many thanks for your help. regards XXXXX XXXXX and Robin XXXXXX (Tahiry's parents) our email [email protected]

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
I am not entirely certain what it is that you wish to do - could you explain a little further please