How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter was born in Norwich, Norfolk in 1963 to British

This answer was rated:

My daughter was born in Norwich, Norfolk in 1963 to British parents. When she was eighteen she moved to Gibraltar and , apart from a two year break in the eighties, has lived and worked there ever since. In the early nineties she married and subsequently produced three children. She recently divorced her husband ( also British ).
Last October she started to feel unwell and has now been diagnosed as having several small bleeds in her brain. This has meant having time off work and, after six weeks, has resulted in her pay being stopped altogether.
I would like to know whether there would be any difficulty in her returning to UK after this long absence, or whether she would be considered an immigrant.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
Your daughter is a British Citizen and entitled to return here whenever she wishes
However she will not be entitled to benefits until she has been here for at least six months
The position of her children is not as straightforward I am afraid
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you