UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

hello after 12 years living at a private property my landlord

after 12 years living at a private property my landlord decided to not renew my tenancy aggreement and serve me a eviction notice to move out by the 31st march knowing that i dont have anywhere to go,the house is already in the market and under a estate agency management.Today when my 14 year old girl got home she message me saying that there is already a sign to let outside,can the landlord do this without my permission and without a court order in place for me to move out?

Your landlord may put up the to let sign but cannot evict you without following the proper legal procedure. The landlord must get a possession order from the court first and then send bailiffs to evict you.

Until that happens, you do not need to move out.

See here for your rights

All the best