How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A few years ago I was advised by my then accountant (financial

This answer was rated:

A few years ago I was advised by my then accountant (financial advisor) to move my few small pensions into a trust and then draw the money into my Ltd company, he said that I could do that because it is a ltd company, what he did not tell me is that I would receive a annual bill for nearly a £1k, I am now thinking that I have been given bad advice

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you ask about cost implications or did he mention anything about ongoing costs please?

Nothing at all




He said that there would be a one off cost at the start

Alex Watts : Ok. When did he give you this advice?

While the pension was being transferred to the trust


I also had another small pension that I wanted to do the same to but said NO dont do that it is rubbish

Alex Watts : ok
Alex Watts : What do you want to achieve?

Pension back and costs gone

Alex Watts : What is the value of your loss?



I have to out now but will be back in an hour

Alex Watts : ok. I can't advise on the mechanics of transferring the pension back but I can assist with the legal side.
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment and transfer within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. As the claim is for £10,000 plus it will not be a small claim and you will need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Hi! Back again


So I have to get a solicitor??yes

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you