How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am trying to help someone, at present in HMP Bullingdon,

Customer Question

I am trying to help someone, at present in HMP Bullingdon, get repatriatedto Kurdistan to serve the rest of his sentence in his home country. It is difficult because there is not an agreement in place between the UK and Iraq for repatriation. However I have got an MP on board who is very kindly trying to help. She is drafting a letter to the Minister of Justice, but says that Nabaz should also submit an application to the Offender Safety, Rights and Responsibilities Group. I cannot find contact details for this group, and I am not sure how Nabaz should proceed. Can you help?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Could you explain your situation a bit more please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have been trying for over a year to get permission for Nabaz to be repatriated. His case is rather tragic. In 2004 at his trial he was persuaded to plead guilty to two counts of GBH because he was told he would get a lenient sentence if he pleaded guilty. Unbelievably the judge sentenced him to twelve years with an IPP. His barrister was very shocked and Nabaz understood that he was going to appeal against the sentence, but for some reason he did not bother to do so within the time limit. So Nabaz is stuck with this sentence, of which he will have to serve six years (until August 2016) but the difficulty is having the IPP tagged on to it.



Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
Is your question about the criminal side of this or the bankruptcy?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry, Jo. I am going to have cancel this consultation. Please can you confirm that I won't have to pay the £40. I hope that's OK as I havent actually had any advice from you as yet. SORRY!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry Jo. I have found the answer to my question before you came back to me. Please can you confirm that my paymet has been cancelled. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hallo Jo. I haven't heard anything at all from you. I needed the answer to my query in a hurry and I have now managed to find it elsewhere. As you didn't help me with my problem, please can you arrange for the payment to be cancelled. I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

We have processed the refund today and you should receive email confirmation of this.

Thank you,