How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

My son lived with another man they bought a house together

Customer Question

My son lived with another man they bought a house together after 15 years my son died and the other man was made bankrupt after the death as the house payments were not
maintained plus other outstanding debts the court informed me of an amount of money
£6000 which was available to me if I applied through the local probate office and obtained
the appropriate forms which I did I have received the money this week but the man my son
lived with is asking me to split it with him as he feels it would be fair my son left no will or
any other instructions for anybody in the event of his death he was 43 and had not prepared
anything is their any reason for me to split the money with him.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Do you know if the house was owned by them as tenants in common or joint tenants please?