How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a an issue of joint tenancy with my ex wife ( been divorced

Customer Question

I have a an issue of joint tenancy with my ex wife ( been divorced for 14 years ) , I can´t get a counsil house because they tell me I still have joint tenancy with her. I sent a letter to take me off from this to the council in 2008 and got a reply from them that this matter was been aknowledged and has been noted. Now they tell me I can´t apply for counsil housing because I am still joint tenant. We are not in speaking terms with my ex , she is not co-operative in this matter. I am recievening an attendence allowance due to my disability and can´t afford to live in private accomodation any more. What can I do to get me off from joint tenancy with my ex wife ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law