How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

How does one classify legally an insolvency document which

Customer Question

How does one classify legally an insolvency document which states an incorrect date of birth (by 20 years) for a person that is not British but has assets in the EU? I already complained to the Official Receiver stating this document was erroneous (both date of birth and insolvency) but received no answer.
Where should I write to in order to receive the correct facts? I have documentary proof of the wrong birth date and the possessions of assets in the EU.

Yours sincerely,
Henryka Wozniczka
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

Is this an Bankruptcy Order in your name?

If the date of birth is wrong, is the address correct? Also who petitioned for the bankruptcy?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The bankruptcy Order is in my ex-boyfriend’ name.

The address is correct but he doesn't live at this address any longer. Unfortunately for the Polish authority only correct date of birth is requested. In Poland he is officially known as an investor who is building a new hotel. In UK he is working as a builder and is employing some staff.

Petitioned by: Commissioners for HM Revenue & Customs, Receivables Finance, Barrington Road, Worthing, BN12 4XH.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

If he disputes the debt and his identity on it he will have to apply to court to have the bankruptcy annulled.

What does he owe HMRC money for?

Kind regards