How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71048
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i am a greengrocer and i drive a hgv to the mkt and back to

This answer was rated:

i am a greengrocer and i drive a hgv to the mkt and back to my stall do i need to get a cpc

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What the size and class of vehicle please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is a class 2 driving licence and the vehicle is 26 ton gross

Do you mean 2.6 tonnes? So 2600 kg?

Also, when did you pass and do you have grandfather rights?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is 2600 tons as 3 axles and can carry 14 pallets

i passed my test in 1962 and i have a cpc by grandfathers right which i got years ago


I will have to look up your entitlement. I'm due in court at 2pm but I can probably do it when I'm there if thats ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that will be okay

i do know that bricklayers that pick up bricks and then drive to the site that they are building on are excempt because driving is not there way of getting there living thankyou fred


Can I just check this?

Are you sure you mean 26 tonnes? That would mean 26,000 kgs?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes 26000kg

In that case, you do need a CPC licence.

This site explains it very well

You do have grandfather rights to drive vehicles up to 7500kg almost certainly. They do not extend to a vehicle of this size.

There are some exceptions to the need for a CPC licence but not that would cover you here as this is commercial use.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile