How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71135
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

hi how can i appeal against a judges decision (criminal matter

Customer Question

hi how can i appeal against a judges decision (criminal matter and im the victim)
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Jo C. :

Could you explain a bit more

JACUSTOMER-mxd3ss9g- :

i was attacked in 2012 by 2 men with ion bars and it was going to trial on 10th march 1 pleeded guilty berfore trial and the other the cps refused to prosicute.

JACUSTOMER-mxd3ss9g- :

the sentencing was on last monday and the judge gave him 2 years suspended sentence and no injunction to stay away and he was ordered to pay £600 in damages when i lost about £170000

JACUSTOMER-mxd3ss9g- :

the point is he should have gone prison due to the seriousness of the assault (could of killed me)

JACUSTOMER-mxd3ss9g- :

what can i do ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
I have converted this to Q and A as I could not view your responses.

I'm afraid its bad news. There is no action that you can take about this as the victim.

The Crown can refer this matter to the Attorney General if they take the view that there was undue leniency but that is a matter for CPS alone. You can always ask them to consider it but probably they would have done so already if there were any basis.

Its quite unlikely that they will do that though I'm afraid. I realise that you could have been killed but thankfully you were not and we do not sentence in the UK on the basis of what could have happened.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.