How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

hi,i need some advice please if you can,my daughter is due

Customer Question

hi,i need some advice please if you can,my daughter is due to give birth to our first grandchild on 29/02/14 we have just been informed last week that she is taking drugs methadone and heroin,social services are issing care proceedings as soon as he is born,both myself and my husband are devastated,we have asked if he can come to us,social services are doing police checks and medical checks,we have been in trouble with the law 12 yrs ago,which is on record,and I am on medication,both smokers which the social worker said will go against us ,we smoke outside,i have everything my grandson needs at our house but social workers are still adamant that my grandson must go into care,i have just found out that the social worker who came to visit us also smokes,so I think its inappropriate for her to be near children aswell,any advice that you can give us will be appreciated many thanks mrs s Quinn.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What trouble were you in 12 years ago?