How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My wife has for a number of years help a number of I.Ps a

This answer was rated:

My wife has for a number of years help a number of I.Ps a deal paid for and jointly acknowledged if the person who sold them to her, then attempted to sell them on
would this be concluded as a crime which the Police would get involved in.

k. donkin

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we can wait


We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

This may not be my area, but when you say number of IP's what do you mean please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Intellectual properties

So she owns IP and someone else is trying to sell them to others, without her consent I assume?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Is it a criminal offence - no.

This is a civil matter and the police would not get involved.

I am sorry thus is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give but I have a duty to be honest.

Your wife would need to issue proceedings in the county court to stop this.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you