How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71146
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Please can you help,I have a magistrates letter dated 24/3/14

This answer was rated:

Please can you help,I have a magistrates letter dated 24/3/14 but was almost shredded by mistake.I only have RE,ACC, OUR REF= CPEC/LS ,& YOUR REF NUMBERS.are the only parts shredded. I haven't got a bank account or any debit cards,im unable to pay my fine online.please advise me on what I can do & I cannot recall what was on the original charge sheet.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What is this fine for please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
criminal damage,fine was for £1003.35.
Did you have solicitors?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my co accused council from his parents solicitor,as we were both charged together,I received a fine & he a suspended sentence.
When were you in court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we both had to return to Wrexham police station to find out the charges,both pleaded guilty ,& were have an order.banning us both to return to Wrexham

So when were you in court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I only need basic information,as a family friend is allowing me to use her bank details etc for this I have no bank accounts & an unemployed & recently separated from my do I pay the fine within 14 days from date of 24/3/14
Well, there are no magic wands I'm afraid.

Without a case number, you cannot pay remotely. There's no way around it. The admin staff only search a case by reference to the number.

One option is to hand yourself into the relevant court and make payment over the counter. They will tell you that they need your case number XXXXX well but they can search using your name and date of birth when it suits them.

Failing that, you would have to hand yourself into court and explain. It won't come to that though. If the admin office of a Magistrates Court think that they will be criticised in open court then they will find your details fast enough.

There's no point in sending in a cheque unless it quotes a case number.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have their ref & my ref numbers.are they what you need? RE ACC= 12024341H
YOUR REF:12024341H MD. & what does the our ref code actually stands for? That's all I could save. hope those are what's required.
Obviously I won't know the local Court's reference numbers.

The your ref number might be the case number XXXXX I would have no way of checking.

You can find out easily enough but using their automated payment line.
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile