How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

British gas have obtained a warrant of entry to change my supply

Customer Question

British gas have obtained a warrant of entry to change my supply to fit a pay as you of meter.(28.3.2014)

I want to stop this action, and have made an offer to pay them monthly to reduce the outstanding arrears

I have a 13 year old Severely autistic son who lives with me , and I was under the impression that this prevented BG from supplying a pay as you go meter as he was classed as a vulnerable person.

Also can I appeal against the warrant to stop the entry today


Tom Gorman
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did you not contest the application for a warrant? You would have been given reminders and a notice to apply for a warrant.