How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My ex partner took me to family court after being arrested

Customer Question

My ex partner took me to family court after being arrested for 'threat to kill' after threatening to burn the house down with myself and children in it. The Judge asked to be told the outcome and said he would make a decision when known. In the meantime he said to speak to Cafcass and said we could go back to court once the criminal verdict was known. I have no representation as my legal aid was cancelled 'because we are a government agency and we have the power to invoke that'. He was found guilty and I chose to go back to court but was hijacked by his solictor who dragged me back into court the day before sentencing to have me found in contempt of court for not seeing cafcass. we sat in front of a differnt judge and she did not care one bit that he had been found guilty of trying to kill me. Now I am in contempt of court. he was found guilty of threat to damage or destroy property

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help you with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i would like some advice on how to move forward and make sure that my daughter is not forced to see a man of whom she is afraid. She has a cafcass interview next week and im so worried he will twist what she says. Tell me how to make this stop. I dont understand how it can continue after his prosecution but its legal procedure over common sense. You can help me by telling me how to finish it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did not receive a reply so please cancel my payment