How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

hi there, am a student and my visa is running out end of next

Customer Question

hi there, am a student and my visa is running out end of next month, i left college last year due to expenses i couldn't afford, i can only work part time, i have been a student 7 years, legal, nor criminal record, no broken laws , what options do i have
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Which country do you come from and what are you hoping to achieve?

JACUSTOMER-77lkw3w2- :

i am albanian originally , i just want to stay legal basically , i have been here 7 years, i was hoping to complete the 10 years and apply for citizenship , i also have an operation on my shoulder next Wednesday, and that will make it more difficult for me , while i am in bed my visa will run out

LondonlawyerJ :

I am afraid that I am not going to be able to spend the time on this to give you an answer as something unexpected has just happened that I need to deal with. I will therefore be opting out of this question and no doubt another expert will pick it up quickly.

JACUSTOMER-77lkw3w2- :

ok then i will be waiting

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.


It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will wait nicola , thanks for replying , is important to me , so please do whatever you can, many thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.


We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, thank you

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

As you have already been a student for 7 years, I am afraid you would not qualify for further student visas as there is now a 5 years limit on the time you may spend in the UK as a student on a course equivalent to NQF level 6 or 7.

I would advise you to apply for further leave to remain in medical grounds, using form FLR(o)

See here for further information

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer. I am quite happy with it. But I would like to ask you for further instructions. How am I supposed to do that? " medical grounds" thanks

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You should apply for further leave to remain before your current visa expires using form FLR(O) and submit evidence of your medical condition etc.

All the instructions are in the link I gave you.

All the best