How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

What is the cheapest & fastest route to obtaining back money

This answer was rated:

What is the cheapest & fastest route to obtaining back money or assets frolc m a thief who set up a bogus plc company. It never operated and the crooked directors quickly transferred all investors money out to Spain & has not been traced from there. ?? Any easy route to ring fence money or or assets as the thiefs are still resident in UK and were previously solicitors but turned criminals. Who says crime does not pay.??? Would i be looking at obtaining back a court order. Any help or legal contacts
qualified in this area would be great

It looks like you should be making a personal claim against the directors involved in the fraud. There are two aspects to this, a criminal aspect which should be reported to the police as the Fraud Act 2006 makes it a criminal offence to obtain money by abuse of position of responsibility.

The other element is a civil claim against the directors for wrongful trading, you can claim up to 100K online at

Hope this helps. Do you need further help?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
pat here. As for taking either a personal or civil case against these fraudulent directors of this now liquidated plc (company ) which went to liquidation in late 09 . Is the role of a forensic accountant needed or a solicitor. also it is most possible that these thiefs have hidden any assets so would private investigator etc be needed to establish where assets are hidden. And in advance could some of these thiefs assets be ring fenced. As once they would be aware of any legal proceeding they would simply hide assets . Any good reputable legal firm that you could recommend .at modest charges
Hi Pat,

If the claim is quite substantial, then it would be advisable to appoint forensic experts as well as solciitors to assist you with the claim.

Ring fencing would not be possible unless the court issues appropriate interim orders against the individuals pending a final ruling.

We can only point you to the Law Society find a solicitor facility as we are not permitted to recommend particular solicitors here.

All the best