How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My 32 year old son has his own home but has never lived in

This answer was rated:

My 32 year old son has his own home but has never lived in it. He is allowing a work colleague to live there. I have asked him to move out of my home several times but he won't go. He pays me no money at all. I want him to go to his own home. What advise can you give me please.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You need to give him 28 days notice to leave. If he does not then you can just change the locks.
Alex Watts : Inform the Police on the day you do this as they may attend to prevent a breach of the peace.
Alex Watts : But I am assuming that you are living in your own house and your son is in effect using a room.
Alex Watts : If he occupies the whole house himself then you would need a court order to evict.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello - I am told you can not view the question - does this help?