How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10794
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Can you advise me as to how I get a legal document validated

This answer was rated:

Can you advise me as to how I get a legal document validated to prove my identity - I don't want to hand the document over to the organisation concerned. thank you

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

In these circumstances, the Company concerned would normally accept a certified copy of your passport/drivers licence from a Solicitor.

Please check they will accept this, and if so, you should then phone up a local Solicitor and make an appointment to see him and he will be able to take a photocopy of your passport and drivers licence and then certify them to be a true copy of the originals.

Your Solicitor will charge either £5 or £10 for this service.

I hope this assists, but please let me know if you require any further information.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Thank you - I'll get onto this, much appreciated.