How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My pension annual statement showed that the DD for my pension

Customer Question

My pension annual statement showed that the DD for my pension from aviva had not been collected -their fault there had been something wrong at their end and they were happy to admit that . Also the pension contribution from work was not collected and now the arrears are £1920 from me and 31320 from work. Work can pay (I run a charity and this is not ideal although possible) and they will give me £100 as a gesture and backdate to when they should have taken the money.
This is a lot and difficult to find and as my husband died and my sons are both studying I did not check on their fault till I received my annual statement and they did not notify me of a change. But for their mistake I would not be in this position and want to complain as I feel they should offer more than £100.
What can I do?
best Geraldine Ling
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

How much are you looking at getting from them in money terms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they will pay £100 but I thought for both my contribution and works inconvenience -we need to go through our board and this was not expected and as a small charity it is a lot for them to find -they need to find £1320 I thought about 25% was reasonable to ask

best geraldine


Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Thatseems to be reasonable. I would suggest that you reply back to Aviva and inform them that you will treat the matter as closed if you are paid the higher figure which you mention, otherwise you may possibly need to involve the Financial Ombudsman and the courts.

If they fail to increase their offer, you may go through their complaints procedure and escalate as appropriate to the Ombudsman.

Hope this helps