How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

civil law - statement of truth

This answer was rated:

In a civil case, a statement under a Statement of Truth contained falsehoods. How do I get the Court to refer this to the Queens Bench?


The best thing would be to bring the falsehoods to the court's attention as the court may then refer the matter to the Attorney General to start contempt proceedings.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My question is "How do I do this" Can you please give me a step by step. Do I fill in a general application as the Court with the respondent?

You should write a letter to the Court giving details of your case and claim reference number, point out your concerns and that the other party may be in contempt of court and enclose any evidence that you haveto support your allegations.

Contempt of court needs to be proved beyond reasonable doubt, so the stronger your evidence, the better the case.

It is then up to the court whether or not to refer the matter further.

Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That will be just an ordinary letter on my home headed paper and addressed to whom - the Court Manager? No forms to fill in?

No application forms to fill in as you are not making an application, you are simply drawing the courts attention to the falsehood.

Address to the relevant court e.g. Central London County Court, address

If possible, you should deliver by hand and get an acknowledgement of receipt on a copy of the letter from the court registry
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you