How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

i have a tenant in a mobile home on my land, i have never charged

This answer was rated:

i have a tenant in a mobile home on my land, i have never charged them rent, now i have heard they are saying they have a legal right to claim the land the mobile home is on as they have been on more than 7yrs, is this true, and can i cover myself by giving them a rent book.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Do you have a tenancy agreement with him please?


no as its family, my sister but my dads land, i am askim


this question on behalf of my dad as he is 90yrs old and lost his sight.

Alex Watts : I see.
Alex Watts : They are wrong,
Alex Watts : They never get a right to the land.
Alex Watts : You always own it. They can never take possession.
Alex Watts : There is a thing called adverse possession.
Alex Watts : But for this they need to occupy for 10 years and make an application to the land regsotry.
Alex Watts : The land regsistry would then notify the owner who is able to object. I assume you would.
Alex Watts : If you do the applicTion fails.
Alex Watts : But they don't have a right to land.
Alex Watts : I hope this reassures you,
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Thanks for that, so is my dad within his rights to ask her to sign an official paper to agreement that if and when she has to vacate the land she must do so without any problems.

Alex Watts : Yes that is fine.
Alex Watts : But you don't need to worry.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for that, very useful information.

Glad it has helped.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: