How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

What advice/law can be used to evict a family member who is

Customer Question

What advice/law can be used to evict a family member who is residing in your property with no formal tenancy agreement.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How old are they and any children involved please?
JACUSTOMER-heasd87l- :

The family member is married (in her mid forties) and lives with her husband and my niece and nephew aged 12 and 9 respectively. They have been residing in the property for over 3 years and pay a monthly contribution to the household expenses - the monthly contribution is an informal arrangement as no formal tenancy agreement has never never been issued.

Alex Watts :

Do they occupy the whole house?

JACUSTOMER-heasd87l- :

The family occupies the whole house with her husband and family...