How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I signed a tenancy agreement back in 2002 with a Housing association.

Customer Question

I signed a tenancy agreement back in 2002 with a Housing association. In 2013, it became apparent that I was being overcharged for rent in my property. When reviewing my tenancy agreement, my date of birth is incorrect, the rent charge was incorrect and the number of rooms accommodated was incorrect. Please an you let me know how legally binding my tenancy agreement is today? thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 4 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you just tell me why do you say you are being overcharged? Does the tenancy agreement have the right names and address on it? There will still be a valid tenancy if you live there with exclusive possession and pay rent.